If you have a small business or are thinking of starting a small business, the experienced attorneys of Cohen Dovitz Makowka, LLC are here to assist you with your business planning needs. Whether it is filing your company’s registration papers with the Secretary of State or preparing your shareholder or operating agreement, our attorneys will counsel you and craft an agreement that meets the needs of your company and its owners. When organizing a new business venture, there are many legal implications to consider, such as corporate structure, managerial responsibilities, and asset protection. If your business provides services to clients, you may want to consider having a client representation agreement. Let the attorneys of Cohen Dovitz Makwoka, LLC guide you through the process.
When forming a business, the following steps need to be followed:
- If a corporation, file Articles of Incorporation with the Secretary of State.
- If a limited liability company, file Articles of Organization with the Secretary of State.
- Obtain a tax employer identification number (EIN) from the IRS.
- Prepare a shareholders or operating agreement detailing the functions, responsibilities, powers, and dissolution of the business.
- Maintain your company’s registration by filing its annual report.
The attorneys of Cohen Dovitz Makowka, LLC are experienced in assisting clients setting up and maintaining their business. If you own a small business or are thinking of starting one, contact a member of our legal team to learn about your options.